Cary Community Arts Center
The Cary Community Arts Center was originally built in 1938 as the private Cary Academy and later became Cary High School. For this transformation, the building was designed to be the downtown focal point to provide arts, activities, and classes to Cary residents and guests alike. It reopened in August 2011.
Included in the structural renovation are a grand three-story atrium entrance, a 400-seat auditorium, a 60-foot tall fly loft and performance stage, interior and exterior up-fits to blend the history of the structure with the new usage, as well as exterior landscape architecture. New alterations provided over 48,000 square feet of performing arts, ceramic studios, fiber arts, woodworking, gallery space and more. The Arts Center, empty for years after the Town of Cary purchased it from Wake County Public Schools, has brought new life to historic downtown Cary and the surrounding community.
Clearscapes of Raleigh, NC was the architectural firm on this project.